Continents Academy is proud to offer you the opportunity to take your exams at home with online proctoring. Using a webcam and a reliable high-speed internet connection, you can take your exams anywhere.
If this is your first time on the site and you wish to take your exam online, please click the "Sign Up Here".
ProctorU is an online proctoring service that allows students to take exams online while ensuring the integrity of the exam for the institution. The service uses proctors who monitor exam takers in three ways. ProctorU proctors
- Authenticate the test taker’s identity to ensure that the person being monitored is the correct student.
- Observe the test taker via a webcam. The student is connected to a real person who guides him/her through the process.
- Watch the test taker's screen in real time and can see everything the student is doing both at the location and on screen.
- A minimum of 72-hour notice is required to schedule an online exam with ProctorU.
- All appointments should be made at least 3 days in advance, since reservations made within 72 hours of your exam are subject to a $5 late reservation fee.
- The exam can be taken online at your convenience, at a specified date and time.
- The exam is a timed, online exam (see the exam description in your course syllabus for course-specific exam time limits).
- Two forms of photo ID (Passport is required as second ID), along with a webcam, microphone, and computer with Internet connection are required.
- Exams proctored through ProctorU cost $50 (30-min. exam) and included exam processing fees
- PC: A reliable computer running Windows XP or higher with 500 MB of RAM or higher
- Mac: A reliable computer running Mac OS 10 or higher
Other Technical Specifications
- Webcam with 640x480 video pixel resolution
- Headphones or working speakers connected to the computer
- Microphone connected to the computer (we recommend having a webcam that has a built-in microphone)
- Reliable high speed Internet connection (minimum 768 Kbps/128 Kbps)
- Web browser with Adobe Flash Player installed (Flash Player 10 or higher recommended)
- Authority to allow remote access to your computer and screen by one of our proctors
Is your system ready? Take the ProctorU System Test.
Schedule an Exam with ProctorU
Step 1: Test your equipment
- Test your system’s equipment using the ProctorU System Test.
Step 2: Schedule Your Exam
- If this is your first time scheduling an exam with ProctorU, click the Sign Up link on the Continents Academy ProctorU portal page to create a new user account and ProctorU log-in/password.
- Your browser will ask you to allow ProctorU to use your camera to take a snapshot of you. Note: this step can be skipped if you don’t wish to take a snapshot at this time. In that case, the proctor will upload a picture of you during your first testing session.
- Fill out all the other fields on the account creation page. Your Username can be any name you choose. Choose a name you will easily remember (perhaps the first part of your email address before the @ symbol).
- Accept the Terms of Service.
- Click the Create Account button to create your account.
- On the My Preferences page, select from the drop-downs to choose the optimal time to take your exams (e.g., weekdays, weekends, mornings, evenings, etc.) IMPORTANT: depending on the specific exam window for your course, your preferred time may or may not be available.
- Click the Save & Update button.
- From the My Exams page, click the Schedule New Exam button to schedule your exam date and time.
- Fill in the institution, term, and exam from the dropdown menus, and click the Find Reservations button.
- On the Schedule Exam page, select a reservation time from the calendar at the bottom of the screen. IMPORTANT: If you do not see any reservations listed, please select the "View All" radio button next to "Filter Results" to display exam times that are outside your specified preference.
- Click the "BOOK IT" button next to your desired exam appointment time.
- Confirm your selection on the next page and click the Proceed to Cart button when you are ready to continue.
- In your cart, click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Enter the appropriate credit card information and click Make Payment.
- You will see an exam confirmation page and will receive an email message with your scheduled exam information.
Step 3: Take Your Exam
- At the date and time of your appointment, login to the Continents Academy ProctorU portal page.
- After logging in, you will see a countdown to your exam time at the top of the page. Prior to your exam appointment, you may reschedule using the Reschedule button.
- At the appointment time, a Start button will appear next to the appointment. Click the Start button, and you will be connected to a proctor who will guide you through the rest of your proctored exam process.