MyCAA Military Spouse Benefits
Continents Academy remains committed to the education of military members and their spouses. We’re an approved school for the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program, a career development and employment assistance program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense.
Through MyCAA, military spouses can receive financial assistance for licenses, certificates, certifications or associate degrees necessary for gainful employment in high-demand, high-growth portable career fields.
Eligibility for military spouse benefits
To qualify, you must:
- Be the spouse of an active-duty service member at a pay grade of E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, or O-1 to O-2
- Complete your education coursework while your spouse is on active-duty Title 10 orders
This includes spouses of activated National Guard and Reserve components in the appropriate pay grades.
How does MyCAA work?
Prior to requesting MyCAA financial assistance, military spouses are required to develop an education and training (E&T) plan and upload it to their MyCAA account for approval by a MyCAA career and education consultant.
Required course information includes:
- Correct name of school and campus location
- All courses (Or the block of study) for which MyCAA financial assistance will be used (Include course name/title/codes)
Your Continents Academy graduation team will help you complete all required documents.
What does MyCAA provide?
Training and education financial assistance
- Maximum educational benefit is $4,000
- There is an annual fiscal year cap of $2,000 to assist eligible military spouses.
- Annual cap waivers are available if there’s an up-front tuition cost greater than $2,000 (up to the maximum benefit of $4,000).
Employment Readiness Counseling
- Counseling services are available to all spouses of active-duty service members, regardless of:
- Eligibility to receive MyCAA financial assistance
- Counseling services help military spouses identity:
- Federal, state, and local financial assistance
- Expanded career choices
- Support resources to attend school
How to get started
You can establish a MyCAA account by visiting the MyCAA website.
Once your profile information is provided, MyCAA will verify eligibility through a real-time DEERS eligibility check. If you’re eligible, you can create your education and training plan and request financial assistance when you’re within 15-60 days of your course start date.