The Continents States University reserves the right to revise these terms at any time without notice.
The Continents States University is a private higher education institution founded and authorized to transact business in the State of Missouri, United States of America.
Missouri recording law stipulates that it is a one-party consent state. In Missouri, it is a criminal offense to use any device to record or share communications, whether wire or oral, without the consent of at least one contributing party. Any event participants should not only assume good faith by recording any meeting with The Continents States University employees, students, or quests without written consent from the executive office of the university and must be dated fourteen business days before the event/meeting date.
Missouri’s wiretapping law is a “one-party consent” law. In Missouri, it is illegal to intercept or record any “wire, oral, or electronic communication” unless at least one party to the conversation consents. Mo. Rev. Stat. § 542.402.2.
The Continents States University requires that all Participants and hosts of any voice, photo, or video comply with the Code of Conduct to respect the space, privacy, and wishes of other Participants.
Accordingly, The Continents States University prohibits the recording of any meeting content, including the name, likeness, or image of any Participants and any Chat Dialogues taking place during the meeting, using audio, video, photography, screen capture, screen recording, live streaming, or any other type of recording. (All words highlighted above are described below.)
Without prior consent, participants are not permitted to record or utilize the information delivered in any meeting/session room or on display for session notes. Before any meeting may be recorded, you’ll need to make all requests at least fourteen days in advance and be approved in writing.
Violations of this policy are, by law in Missouri, a felony punishable by fine and/or imprisonment.
Any recordings obtained without consent must delete and destroyed immediately. The university reserve the right to legal prosecutions if came across any violation of this policy.
- Participants: Any person attending a conference at The Continents States University, regardless of the purpose for attendance (e.g., registered attendee, speaker, guest of a sponsor, employee, staff, vendor, etc.). Regardless of how it is used in this policy, “Participants” is meant to be understood broadly to encompass both a group and an individual.
- Audio Recording: The recording and storing of a person’s speech or noises using equipment capable of doing so, such as wearable devices, video cameras, mobile phones, tape recorders, etc.
- Chat Dialogue: Numerous online platforms used by The Continents States University for GHC and by sponsors will include chat functionality that allows participants in meetings or sessions to type questions, responses, or general conversation, as well as video conferencing that lets people see each other while speaking on camera.
- Meeting: Any conference, webinar, training session, event, celebration, job fair, gathering, gathering in person or online, other groups (online or in person), membership meetings, and partnership meetings.
- Photography: Recording a person’s likeness (e.g., image, picture) through photography (e.g., cameras, cell phones), video recording (e.g., cameras, cell phones), digital imaging (e.g., cameras, web cameras, screen capture/screen recording/screen print), wearable technology (e.g., Google Glass), or other methods that can take pictures or record video (e.g., Skype, Zoom, virtual group meeting forums, mobile app).
- Video Recording: The capturing and archiving of a person’s likeness utilizing video technologies (such as wearable technology, video cameras, mobile phones, webcams, screen capture/screen recording/screen prints, etc.).