The Continents States University is approved to operate as an online institution. The address listed on the university website. The university may partner with other institutions physically operating to deliver their services.
Maintenance and Confidentiality of Student Records
Student records for all students are kept for five years. Transcripts and diplomas are kept permanently. Examples of education records include but are not limited to: transcripts, degree audit reports, schedules of classes, class rolls, academic history reports, grade rolls, etc. The following items are NOT education records, as defined by FERPA: sole possession records (records kept in the sole possession of the maker, used as a personal memory aid and not revealed to others), law enforcement records, employment records, medical records, post-attendance records, psychological or mental health records. No transcript will be issued until all fees due to the institution are paid in full.
The Continents States University strictly observes the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) – a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records, establishes the right of students to inspect and review their education records, and provides guidelines for the correction of inaccurate and misleading information. Students who feel that The Continents States University has failed to comply with the requirements of FERPA have the right to file a complaint with the US Department of Education.
For students, the following system configuration and software are recommended:
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.2 or higher or Windows XP or higher.
- Hardware: 256 Mb RAM, CD-ROM, and 1 Gb of free disk space.
- Productivity software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2003 or higher; Adobe Reader 8.0 or higher.
- Web Browser: Firefox 3.0 or higher, Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Safari 4.0 or higher, or Chrome.
- Networking: 56k dial-up modem, DSL, or cable modem.
- Email: Outlook, Outlook Express, Mac Mail, Eudora, Entourage, or Yahoo/Hotmail/Gmail.
- The following is recommended for optimal performance.
- Productivity Software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel 2007 or higher.
- Broadband Internet connection (DSL, cable, or other).
The policy of this institution is to update the official school catalog annually, on August 01 of each year.
- Annual updates may be made using supplements or inserts accompanying the catalog. Suppose changes in educational programs, services, procedures, or policies required to be included in the catalog by statute or regulation are implemented before issuing the annually updated catalog. In that case, those changes shall be reflected when they are made in supplements or inserts accompanying the record.
- This institution makes its current catalog and current program brochures available to the public at no charge.
- Individuals who wish to obtain a copy can decide by simply calling the school’s office or by accessing the institution’s website at www.continents.us
- This institution has not had a pending petition in bankruptcy, is not operating as a debtor in possession, and has not filed a bankruptcy petition within the preceding five years, nor has had a petition in bankruptcy filed against it within the preceding five years that resulted in reorganization under chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.
- Suppose a student obtains a loan to pay for an educational program. In that case, the student will have the responsibility to repay the full amount of the loan plus interest, less the amount of any refund, and that, if the student has received federal student financial aid funds, the student is entitled to a refund of the money not paid from federal student financial aid program funds.
- Students must have the ability to access course and program material on the Internet.
- Students must have the ability to correspond with university staff, faculty, and students through email and the Internet.